Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What Does Heaven Look Like To You..., Speak from your heart...
ShadowDarkFyre 
Posted: 03-Jul-2006, 08:23 AM
Quote Post

ur-Lord of the Domain and Realms

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Caer RivenMyst, Fantasia I.D.

male

To my soul, Heaven looks like the Highlands of Scotland and the Emerald Isle... In perpetual sunrise... With "Amazing Grace" echoing through the bens on the bagpipes...

(sighs gently)
Is homesick...

--------------------
user posted image

There's magick in believing...

The Domain and Realms
http://www.thedomainandrealms.com
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 03-Jul-2006, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Hmm..... For a long while I've not thought of what heaven would look like, just hoping to get there. And that Robin Williams movie a few years back where heaven was what anyone wanted it to be turned me off of visualizing for a bit.

Lately, I'm longing for what it will feel like more than the visual. I want the peace.

But, if pressed.... I like your vision sdf. The whole streets of gold thing is too confining, blinding, stark, cold and crowded for me.

And homesick is the best word.

My vision is more of sunsets, rolling hills, be they Pennsylvania or Scotland, cool waters and there HAS to be wind. Playful breezes and roaring gales. Pine scented glades. Windswept uplands. The fresh smell of a sky that is about to snow. Rain pattering.

I can't imagine heaven. I want to believe God has something in store way beyond our limited imagining. If I were to design it, I suppose it would be the best of earth, culling away all the rest. All the beauty, all the freshness, all the kindness, compassion and love.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 03-Jul-2006, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,425 Gold!

I believe heaven to be a spiritual place, not a physical place. The five senses we are familiar with would not apply. What does a non-corporeal place look like to a non-corporeal being? All I can say is that I believe heaven will be a place where we are surrounded by the Love of God and are totally at peace. Anything more detailed will have to await a "first-hand" report. smile.gif

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
marti64 
Posted: 03-Jul-2006, 08:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Oceans of Blue, Grasses of Green, No one is waanting for anything, All is provided, and we are reunited with the ones that we have lost.

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 04-Jul-2006, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

It's where Jesus is. Just the joy of seeing the One Who gave Himself for my sins will make Heaven more than I can imagine.

The descriptions of Heaven in the Bible (Gates of Pearl, Crystal Sea) are just way beyond my little finite mind to comprehend. But what a marvelous, glorious day when I get the privilege of seeing my mom and dad again, along with others that have gone on before.

Looking forward to that day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
MDF3530 
  Posted: 04-Jul-2006, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I believe that heaven would probably look different to each of us in order to be appealing; for me, it'd probably look like US Cellular Field, home of the White Sox.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Senara 
Posted: 05-Jul-2006, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 04-Jul-2006, 11:42 AM)
I believe that heaven would probably look different to each of us in order to be appealing; for me, it'd probably look like US Cellular Field, home of the White Sox.

So glad you didn't say Soldier Field MDF.....so very glad....yikes what an eyesore that has become. US Cellular Field in Chicago is okay I guess.

For me it would look much like the area I live in now I think. Tiny costal villiage, waters blue and clear, gnarled old fishermen that always have that twinkle in their eye, a good local pub with every flavor imaginable, and hills covered in trees. Wildlife abounding everywhere and there is music, and laughter, and no stress!

I could go on but I should really get to work I think

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 05-Jul-2006, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

'No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.' I Cor. 2:9 NIV so no matter what you picture it, it is going to be a whole lot better..... a WHOLE LOT!!!! note.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
Dogshirt 
Posted: 05-Jul-2006, 04:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

The "Next Life"(not heaven) will have the plains on three sides, with the Rockies on the other, both as far as the eye can see. With all the buffalo that the people could ever need!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
stoirmeil 
Posted: 05-Jul-2006, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

I think I would inagine something similar, Dogshirt, if I were to be in something like my own mind and it were a world with physical features (although I think TheCarolinaScotsman's got the closest idea, frankly). Give me a place on the wind in Medicine Bow in the Grand Tetons.

If I were simply released back into the totality and no longer "myself," though, and needing no heaven that the grand earth doesn't already provide -- well, I decided a long time ago that heaven is the air, water, earth and fire of a field of wild red chili peppers, coming up year after year and reseeding their heat and color for a blessing.
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 13-Jul-2006, 08:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

Heaven is like nothing we've ever imagined! What ever we think is beautiful, in my case I think Nova Scotia is the most beautiful place on the face of the Earth and I have been around the world to compair, Heaven is 1000000 times better. It's even better then the real thing!

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 09-Aug-2006, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I read a lot in the Bible once, focusing on what it has to say about heaven. What touched my heart most was when Christ tells his friends that he's going to prepare a place for them and that some day He'll come back for them & take them there... if Jesus has anything to do with what Heaven is like, then count me in.

Well, about the 5th or 6th time I was at the theater watching 'The Lord of the Rings' and it came to scene where we see Rivendell for the first time sitting in that deep valley with the waterfall, and there are no windows so the breeze & autumn leaves drift into the rooms... I sighed and prayed a little prayer that went: "Father God, if I do actually get a mansion in heaven I sure would like one that looks just like that!" And I swear to you I heard the Still Small Voice say 'We'll see what we can do.'

laugh.gif So if y'all look for me when you get to heaven, I'll be in the shack that looks like Rivendell!!

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Elspeth 
Posted: 10-Aug-2006, 06:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Oh, yeah I loved the open windows too. A beautiful land with no bugs. I'll definately look for you there.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Celtic cat 
Posted: 10-Aug-2006, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

QUOTE (ShadowDarkFyre @ 03-Jul-2006, 09:23 AM)
To my soul, Heaven looks like the Highlands of Scotland and the Emerald Isle... In perpetual sunrise... With "Amazing Grace" echoing through the bens on the bagpipes...

(sighs gently)
Is homesick...

That with a cottage. Although, I hope there will be tigers too, coupled with the lamb and lion concept.

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
It’s not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 12-Aug-2006, 10:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I'm hoping for a simple little place (kind of an Irish cottage) with a lake and a nice view of green fields with mountains to climb in the distance and woods to roam through. angel_not.gif

Course I'm also hoping for a Renaissance village with a huge Mall and one heck of an entertainment system for my wee house. Lots of Models to paint and build, Celtic music to listen to, and lots of friends to share good times with.

So, Has anybody heard the song by Ceili Rain Called "That's all the lumber you sent" This thread so reminds me of that song.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]