> Darwin Was Right, The fit survive, the unfit don't
Brandelynn 
Posted: 12-Jul-2004, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

Then you'll love this one, BluegrassLady.
Something we should think about adopting: South African anti-theft devices.

Darwin Award Honorable Mention: Airbag Weapons
April 1999, South Africa

In South Africa carjacking has become popular in recent years. The South African law has lenient provisions for self-defense, and allows "lethal action" if personal property is in danger. Citizens are inventive in creating matial security systems for their cars. Poison gas, acid showers, flamethrowers, and automatic gunfire are not unknown.
One such security system relied upon an airbag installed in the car roof. If a driver sat down without disabling the mechanism, the airbag would inflate and hit the victim atop his head with a force strong enough to render him unconscious.
And that is exactly what happened to Pieter, who, armed with a pistol, attempted to steal this vehicle. When the airbag explosed, he thought that someone was shooting at him, and he instinctively fired the pistol twice. Unfortunately for him, his gun was still in his pocket at the time.
One bullet hit his knee, and the other lodged in the base of his penis. (ow)

--------------------
Three candles that illuminate every darkness: truth, drunkenness, and love.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 12-Jul-2004, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (Brandelynn @ 12-Jul-2004, 02:51 PM)
Then you'll love this one, BluegrassLady.
Something we should think about adopting: South African anti-theft devices.

Darwin Award Honorable Mention: Airbag Weapons
April 1999, South Africa

In South Africa carjacking has become popular in recent years.  The South African law has lenient provisions for self-defense, and allows "lethal action" if personal property is in danger.  Citizens are inventive in creating matial security systems for their cars.  Poison gas, acid showers, flamethrowers, and automatic gunfire are not unknown.
  One such security system relied upon an airbag installed in the car roof.  If a driver sat down without disabling the mechanism, the airbag would inflate and hit the victim atop his head with a force strong enough to render him unconscious.
  And that is exactly what happened to Pieter, who, armed with a pistol, attempted to steal this vehicle.  When the airbag explosed, he thought that someone was shooting at him, and he instinctively fired the pistol twice.  Unfortunately for him, his gun was still in his pocket at the time.
  One bullet hit his knee, and the other lodged in the base of his penis.  (ow)

sad.gif OUCH!!!

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Brandelynn 
Posted: 13-Jul-2004, 12:34 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

female

Yes, maisky, that's an ouch. But the thief must have managed to maintain the use of his... um... appendage, otherwise it would have been more than an Honorable Mention, right?
wink.gif

@-,-'---
PMEmail Poster               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 13-Jul-2004, 04:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Oh, Brandelynn, that one was priceless!!!! You've started my morning with a big laugh!!

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 14-Jul-2004, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

Here's another genius:

LONDON (Reuters) - A British man who accidentally shot himself in the testicles after drinking 15 pints of beer was jailed for five years on Tuesday for possessing an illegal firearm, a court spokesman said.

David Walker, 28, was arguing with a friend at a pub in South Yorkshire, northern England, when he went home to get his sawed-off shotgun, which he jammed into his trousers.

But as he walked back to the pub, the gun went off, blasting pellets into his testicles. Doctors later removed what remained of his testicles during emergency surgery.

Walker admitted possessing a prohibited weapon at a hearing in June at the court in Sheffield.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...dd_testicles_dc

[no pictures available]

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 14-Jul-2004, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

And another one today (is there a full moon?):

Local man blows off arm with pipe bomb

Andrew Greff drove to a Bismarck hospital with one arm Saturday morning after he blew apart his other arm with a pipe bomb.

"I lit a pipe bomb, and it went off in my hand," the 21-year-old Bismarck man told St. Alexius Medical Center staff at about 6:30 a.m. when he ran through the emergency room doors. He said the accident happened at Kimball Bottoms, about 10 miles south of Bismarck.

The explosion blew apart Greff's left arm between his hand and mid bicep, Bismarck Police Lt. Dan Donlin said.

Later that day, investigators went to Greff's apartment with a search warrant. No one answered their knocks, but they found a 20-year-old man hiding in the closet when they went inside. The man was not arrested, and police would not release his name.

Further investigation revealed that Greff's friend Doug Feist, of Bismarck, helped make the pipe bombs and that he and Greff were attaching them to propane tanks, Donlin said. Feist was arrested after a witness said Feist helped construct the bomb, Donlin said.

Earlier this month, Greff and Feist were accused of keeping poisonous snakes in Greff's 306 N. 13th St. apartment. They both face felony reckless endangerment charges for putting neighbors in danger. Greff was out of jail on a $500 bond.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/20...local/nws01.txt
PMEmail Poster               
Brandelynn 
Posted: 23-Jul-2004, 12:48 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

female

Wait a minute... Did that say 15 pints? 15? I couldn't even find the shotgun in my pants at that point, let alone pull the trigger. And I'm not a cheap drunk. Yowza!

I've got another one for ya; if this guy's girlfriend argues like my husband, I can kind of understand, though... argue.gif

Darwin Award: Avoiding a Fight
19 December 1999, New York

A man died after falling off the roof of a moving car. He was arguing with his girlfriend during a drive home for Christmas along Interstate 88. Although the vehicle was travelling in excess of sixty-five miles per hour in the midst of gale-force winds, the man decided to exit the car onto the roof, presumably to escape from the fight. The luckless boyfriend fell to the ground, where he lay until paramedics rushed him to the hospital. He died the next day due to head injuries. The woman was charged with driving under the influence.

(wonder if they'd had 15 pints, too...) beer.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 23-Jul-2004, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Body found at site of home explosion
Updated: 7/22/2004 10:47 PM MDT

EL PASO COUNTY - Sheriff's deputies have recovered a body from the rubble of a home that exploded near Black Forest Wednesday afternoon.

The house went up in flames. Thursday, searchers found the body of an adult male in the rubble.

The sheriff's office isn't identifying him yet, but the owner of the home hasn't been seen since the explosion. Neighbors say he was known to experiment with rockets and fireworks.

http://9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUS...47-c589c01ca7bf

PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 23-Jul-2004, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Now this guy ain't dead yet, but he soon may be.

WHISKEY FLATS, Texas -- A man stuffed the tails of nine live rattlesnakes in his mouth, besting his record of eight.

user posted image

"I have to break my own records. Heck, there's nobody else who can do it," said Jackie Bibby.

"I think I could do 12 or 13, but probably no more. My mouth is only so big."

(11/21/03 AP photo)

PMEmail Poster               
Brandelynn 
Posted: 23-Jul-2004, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

female

"My mouth is only so big."

Yeah..... I think the same could be said of his brain. wacko.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Brandelynn 
Posted: 23-Jul-2004, 01:23 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

female

A few short-but-sweets...

Darwin Award: The Bumbershoot
18 April 1999, Germany

A sword-swallower died in Bonn after he put an umbrella down his throat -- and accidentally pushed the button that opened it.

-----

Darwin Award: Mental Eclipse
11 August 1999, Germany

A forty-two-year-old man killed himself watching the total solar eclipse while driving near Kaiserslautern. A witness saw the man weaving bach and forth as he concentrated on the partially occluded sun. Suddenly he accelerated and hit the bridge pier. He had apparently just donned his solar viewers, which are dark enough to totally obscure everything except the sun.
PMEmail Poster               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 23-Jul-2004, 01:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

QUOTE (Brandelynn @ 23-Jul-2004, 03:23 PM)
A few short-but-sweets...

Darwin Award: The Bumbershoot
18 April 1999, Germany

A sword-swallower died in Bonn after he put an umbrella down his throat -- and accidentally pushed the button that opened it.

-----

Oh, Brandelynn, this one's priceless!! lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif I think it's got to be my favorite! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Brandelynn 
Posted: 24-Jul-2004, 03:58 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

female

Did you get that interesting mental picture of the umbrella opening, the Looney Tunes-inspired one? wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 24-Jul-2004, 05:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

(Greenwood) -- A teenager is in a drug-induced coma. Thomas Jefferson, 15, is clinging to life on a ventilator following a harrowing ordeal.

Authorities say it happened in front of a home in the 4300 block of Mahogany Drive in Greenwood on July 5th.

"[A friend] goes and gets the gasoline, the victim takes his shirt off, he pours the gasoline on the shirt, the victim puts his shirt back on and his other friend lights him on fire,? explained Eric Brown, White River Township Fire Marshal

Authorities say that happened after Jefferson and two friends ran out of fireworks and decided to try to light each other's clothes on fire. Jefferson was engulfed in flames from his head to his waist.

http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2...97&nav=0Ra7P4Ho

PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 25-Jul-2004, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

This one is definitely in the "HEY, Ya'all watch this" catagory. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]