Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Member Welcome, Introduce yourself to the community.
aklassie 
Posted: 15-Nov-2001, 08:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Texas

female

I just wanted to let ya'll know how much I enjoy this message board and the music.  Every chance I get I tell my friends who are into Celtic music and such about ya'll.  Looking forward to bigger and better things in the years to come.  Wouldn't it be wounderful if we could get 100 members by Jan. 1 2001.:D
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
aklassie 
Posted: 17-Nov-2001, 02:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

I realy ment 2002.  :p :p :p
Falachaidh 
Posted: 30-Nov-2001, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Central Florida

Hi All!
Just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm a highland dancer for the past 3 years. I'm 25 and live in Cleveland, Ohio.
I have an avid interest in all things scottish and a bit irish. I'm an italian, and only have one relative who was from Ireland which I traced back to the scottish Cunningham clan.
Ironically, it was that tartan I picked to dance in (before I discovered my only Gaelic heritage).
I love this site and I wish i was at my desk more often because this site would be on it all the time!
So I don't know what else to write.. hope to be able to chat with a few of you soon.
I have passed this site along to all of my friends :)
Yours,
Falachaidh.    :D

--------------------
Dance Life to the Fullest.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 01-Dec-2001, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,076 Gold!

;)

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
scottish2 
Posted: 05-Jan-2002, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Glad you enjoy it! Paul's done a smashing job!  (d)  (d)  (d)
PMEmail Poster               
aklassie 
Posted: 29-Jan-2002, 01:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

(cry)
Where is everyone?  We need some new topics or something.
(l) New ideas anyone?

--------------------
"They That Wait Upon The LORD,
Shall Renew Their Strength,
They Shall Mount Up With Wings
As Eagels,
They Shall Run,
And Not Be Werry;
They Shall Walk,
And Not Faint." ISAIAH 40:31
ShortBit 
  Posted: 29-Jan-2002, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Rienzi, Mississippi USA

I agree!!  We need something to get everyone interested and posting some sort of response.  What that would be is beyond me at the moment.

--------------------
ShortBit from Mississippi

PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
  Posted: 29-Jan-2002, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Wow!!!!!  I was beginning to think everyone had gone on and left me behind. I'm so glad that Shortbit and aklassie are still here. :D  Yes we do need something to discuss.  This is what the board is for.  History and music are some of my favorite topics.  What about the rest of you all?

I read about a woman that disguised herself as a man so she could become a doctor.  It was at a time that a woman was forbidden to do so.  If I'm not mistaken she was a Scots, but I cannot think of her name.  Would anyone happen to know who she was? She must have really had a determination and a love of medicine and wanted to help people.

Another woman from Scotland that I thought to be courageous and brave was Flora MacDonald,  a woman that helped Bonnie Prince Charlie escape to France after the battle of  Culloden, even though her fiance and her foster father were members of King Georges forces.(some say fiance and some say it was her husband)  Later her and her husband did come to the colonies and live and did support the British.  (I guess a woman has got to keep peace in the family)  She died March 3,1790 and supposedly was wrapped in the bedsheet of Bonnie Prince Charlie.  The story goes that her and the Prince had a romance during her time of helping him escape.  :B  :B  I give this brave and courageous woman (d)  (d)  (d)    maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 29-Jan-2002, 09:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,076 Gold!

Yes, things have calm down a bit here! For myself, it seems I can not get myself away from the html coding and web server. Also been learning alot about graphics through PSP7. So I do apologies for not paying much attention to the board.

I might make a few changes on the board to get interest back.

As always, appreciate Maggie's topics. They are always good reading!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
aklassie 
Posted: 30-Jan-2002, 01:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

Hi Maggie and Shortbit,
like you Maggie, I love history also.  I've read all the intresting things you've wrote.  I've read about the women you're talking about and I can't remember her name also.  Wonderful story.  Have you ever read anything on Robert the Bruce's wife(the real Queen) Elizabeth?  I read alittle about her on  Electric Scotland.
Like you Shortbit I can't think of what would get things going again.  Maybe a topic on Scottish women? Today and in History?
maggiemahone1 
  Posted: 30-Jan-2002, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I haven't read about the Bruces wife.  You can be assured that I'll be trying to find out about her.  Speaking about  Robert the Bruce I read after he died his heart was removed and taken on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. The Bruces favorite knight Sir James Douglas, was chosen to do this honor.  He was killed in combat by Moorish calvary in present day Spain.  The Bruces heart (h) was brought back and buried at Melrose Abbey.

Would anyone know if the song "Flower of Scotland" about the Bruce?   maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Administrator
  Posted: 03-Feb-2002, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

The Robert the Bruce story, and his wives - children are truely one of Scotland's most amazing come backs (of course only ranking after William Wallace!;).

I recently had the opportunity to read a historical account of Robert the Bruce and it seems at his lowest point in his life - when he had been stripped of the crown and chased into the hills, his wife and daughter was placed in a cage and hoisted up above a castle!

What an amazing story to retake the crown, Scotland and almost the crown of England! Of course, I think if he really wanted the crown of England he could have taken it.

Gordon_HiLandR 
Posted: 04-Feb-2002, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Iowa, USA, Earth

So glad to have found this forum.  I'll be checking in often.  I agree that Robert the Bruce was an astounding person.  I guess that sometimes it takes downward momentum to create an upward bounce!!! :D
PMEmail Poster               
ShortBit 
Posted: 04-Feb-2002, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Rienzi, Mississippi USA

Flower of Scotland was written by Roy Williamson of The Corries.  I believe his is referring to Robert the Bruce and the proud Scotsman that fought with him again Edward and the British Army.  But more importantly I think he is singing about the great Scottish pride in their country, the land is theirs... the Scots... that Scotland fought for the right to be Scotland...not Northern England.  The English thought that this would be a walk in the park... take the land...it was just land.  They did not realize...it is not JUST land..it is the heart and soul of the Scot.  It is their life.
PMEmail Poster               
aklassie 
Posted: 05-Feb-2002, 12:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

Welcome Gordon_HiLandR.  I KNOW you will enjoy visiting this forum.  We are a lively but friendly bunch.  You must join our chats on Sunday evenings.  :D
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]