Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (bubba @ 20-Apr-2005, 02:25 PM)
Media will champion whatever agenda makes the most money. Consider this, news outlets are owned by corporations and the bigshots tend to be primarily Republican in their political views.....

Bubba appears to be hanging around with MDF3530 (or people of a similar political persuasion). I want to see names and voter registration information on all these "Rich" Republicans that are running the mainstream Media in the US.

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
bubba 
Posted: 20-Apr-2005, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Northeast Wisconsin

male

Almost all newspapers now are owned by rather large corporations. The hometown paper is a thing of the past and isn't likely to return. The same corporations that own the newspapers also own TV and radio stations. You can't possibly believe Gannett is owned by liberals, can you?

--------------------
[SIZE=7]Curtesie is cumbersom to them that kens it not.
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 20-Apr-2005, 10:01 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Here we go with this liberal/conservitive BS again! To place a such label on people goes to show how narrow minded folks are!

One can hold "liberal" beliefs on one subject and "conservative" on another...Republican does not mean conservative in all aspects as Democrate does not mean liberal in all... I say look into the Libertarian or Constitutionalist for true answers.

Come on folks this "old school" mine is bigger then yours is getting real old!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
bubba 
Posted: 21-Apr-2005, 12:02 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Northeast Wisconsin

male

All I did was try to point out that the real media bias is toward profit. The discussion seems to have broken down into ad homs so I quit. I'll just let em carry on with their fun and games without me. Frankly, as far as the liberal and conservative tags, seems few even know what they really mean anymore and they just get thrown around as epithets. You're so right, it gets old.
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 21-Apr-2005, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

It's OK bubba, this is where we come sometimes to flex our muscles and let off some steam. If you look around you will notice some of us are in here fairly rarely, you know, once a month or so, and others (Shamalama for example) are in here pertnear everyday (He has some issues you know.) I wouldn't worry too much about what anybody says in here anyway, shucks, we all lied like crazy on our profiles anyway so nobody knows anything about anyone else. laugh.gif

In reality I am a 350 lb beautician who participates in jello wrestling on the weekends and normally posts on here in the nude. I don't want to say too much about the other "guys" other then to thank Shama for the really lovely garter he brought for me to the fights last Saturday night and I might mention that if you poke around through enough old posts here there is a very revealing photo of our beloved maisky (who is currently on a sabbatical participating in some sort of eastern religious rite like making dinero or something).
cool.gif

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Shamalama 
Posted: 21-Apr-2005, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

I'm just thankful that Sister Herrerano likes me the way I am. Most people don't accept garters from me, especially ones I've been wearing for a couple of weeks straight.

user posted image

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
Herrerano 
Posted: 21-Apr-2005, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Oh Shama...LAMA !!!!

You know what I like.

Oh baby, baby, baby.....

dribble.gif drool.gif dribble.gif
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 21-Apr-2005, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

I especially like the red hair!!!! wub.gif
Shamalama 
Posted: 22-Apr-2005, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 21-Apr-2005, 07:06 PM)

I especially like the red hair!!!! wub.gif

It's that way under my armpits too. rolleyes.gif

Shamalama 
Posted: 24-Apr-2005, 08:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Here's an interesting case from across the pond:

---

Tory fury as BBC sends hecklers to bait Howard
By Patrick Hennessy, Political Editor

The BBC was last night plunged into a damaging general election row after it admitted equipping three hecklers with microphones and sending them into a campaign meeting addressed by Michael Howard, the Conservative leader.

The Tories have made an official protest after the hecklers, who were given the microphones by producers, were caught at a party event in the North West last week. Guy Black, the party's head of communications, wrote in a letter to Helen Boaden, the BBC's director of news, that the hecklers began shouting slogans that were "distracting and clearly hostile to the Conservative Party".

These included "Michael Howard is a liar", "You can't trust the Tories" and "You can only trust Tony Blair".

Mr Black's strongly-worded letter accused the BBC of staging the event "to generate a false news story and dramatise coverage. . . intended to embarrass or ridicule the leader of the Conservative Party". The letter said that BBC staff were guilty of "serious misconduct". At least one of the hecklers was seen again at a Tory event in the North East, Mr Black added.

Last night, the BBC claimed that the exercise was part of a "completely legitimate programme about the history and art of political heckling" and said that other parties' meetings were being "observed". However, The Telegraph has established that none of Tony Blair's meetings was infiltrated or disrupted in similar fashion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...requestid=14627

---

So here we have the BBC sending "hired guns", equipped with wireless microphones, to a Conservative meeting, and having the BBC's cameras pre-focused on the heckling that was about to begin instead of the Conservative speaker.

And they said it was "about the history and art of political heckling". That sounds like something Dan Rather would say.

Now don't get me wrong; I want Blair to win in the next election over there. But it's nice to see that the US media isn't the only news organization with an anti-Conservative bend to it.

Next, will the BBC will send "fake insurgents" to set off a car bomb in Baghdad for footage of their documentary "the history of deadly explosions"?

The difference between the BBC and CBS, the New York Times, CNN, etc. is that the BBC is a government funded organization. The BBC is the dominant news source for Britain and, in fact, much of the world. This is a tremendous scandal. Wouldn't it be nice if they have their public funding eliminated because of this?
MDF3530 
  Posted: 24-Apr-2005, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

The difference between the BBC and CBS, the New York Times, CNN, etc. is that the BBC is a government funded organization. The BBC is the dominant news source for Britain and, in fact, much of the world. This is a tremendous scandal. Wouldn't it be nice if they have their public funding eliminated because of this?

Who would you like to see get that funding? SKY News (which, BTW, is the British arm of Fox "News")?

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 24-Apr-2005, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 24-Apr-2005, 02:19 PM)

Who would you like to see get that funding? SKY News (which, BTW, is the British arm of Fox "News")?

Here's a thought: How about giving the money back to the British people and letting the BBC compete in the marketplace of ideas with voluntary investors money(if they could find any).
Shamalama 
Posted: 26-Apr-2005, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

With all respect to my ancestors across the pond, I do have to disagree with any governmental funding or undue control of media - be it print, TV, or radio.

I can understand having some controls in place, like not allowing someone to use language deemed vulgar to the majority of the people watching/listening (you can't use the f-word repeatedly during the evening news), but when the government is funding what they want the public to see/hear then you're setting yourself up for something akin to Hitler's propaganda machine.

You have to have competition in the marketplace of ideas, as Brother MacEoghainn stated so well, since no one down here on earth has the wisdom of God and has all the correct answers and opinions.

And "giving the money back to the British people"? I do understand that this is an alien thought to so many people, but I bet if the British people were able to keep a bit more of their income that they would then take some of that money and use it to obtain news and information from a variety of sources (online editions of news agencies, worldwide news agencies, blogs, message boards, etc.) that they otherwise wouldn't able to do.

Swanny 
Posted: 16-May-2005, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

I'm surprised that no one has commented on Newsweek's latest escapade.

Reference http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/05/1...uran/index.html

[quote]
WORLD
Newsweek backs off Quran desecration story
Account blamed for violent riots in Afghanistan

Monday, May 16, 2005 Posted: 1:01 AM EDT (0501 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Newsweek magazine backed away Sunday from a report that U.S. interrogators desecrated copies of the Quran while questioning prisoners at the Guantanamo Bay naval base -- an account blamed for sparking violent riots in Afghanistan and elsewhere.

At least 15 people were killed and dozens injured last week when thousands of demonstrators marched in Afghanistan and other parts of the Muslim world, officials and eyewitnesses said.

"We regret that we got any part of our story wrong, and extend our sympathies to victims of the violence and to the U.S. soldiers caught in its midst," Newsweek Editor Mark Whitaker wrote in the magazine's May 23 issue, out Sunday.

In an article assessing its coverage, the magazine wrote, "How did Newsweek get its facts wrong? And how did the story feed into serious international unrest?"

Remainder of article on-line at [url] http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/05/1...uran/index.html[/url]

Newsweeks "error" has cost people their lives, and will cost more before it's over.

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 16-May-2005, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

I've not posted on it because I've been living through it.

There is a small town in Afghanistan, 80 miles east of Kabul, called Jalalabad. It's close to the border with Pakistan. It's also where my son is stationed. He's a Corporal in the US Marines.

Jalalabad was one of the riot sites that you saw on TV. Stores were trashed. Cars were burned. My son stayed quiet yet ready in case the locals decided to band together and try to swarm their base.

It is certainly within the realm of possibility that my son could be killed because of what Newsweek authors Michael Isikoff and John Barry wrote. And yes, if I were to meet these two characters today I'd want to "do them bodily harm."

Under any circumstances, Newsweek?s flagrant, tragic error is an error a long-time-coming. The magazine?s "apology" (and how can anyone treat it as a real apology) doesn?t begin to account for the damage. I hope that "Newsweek Lied, People Died" is a phrase repeated for some time.

You first have to understand the rules of the New York-Washington-LA media axis:

Presume the government is lying? always make that presumption, particularly when the president is a Republican. Presume the worst about the US military? always make that presumption, even when the president is a Democrat. Add multi-cultural icing? the complaints and allegations of "Third World victims" are given revered status, the statements of US and US-allied nations met with cynical doubt and arrogant contempt.  Be hateful for the country that allows you to spew your hate, for so many other countries would kill you for the very words you speak/write.

So Newsweek was simply doing what it's been doing for years. It's just that recently a creature called the internet, it's to-the-second data transfer, and the blogosphere have combined to tear down the hallowed veil that seperated The Media Elite from us common tramps. Or, in other words, major media news lies, and does so on a more frequent basis that anyone thought or could prove before now.

And now I see this from The Arab News:

In Afghanistan, a group of clerics threatened to call for a holy war against the United States in three days unless it handed over military interrogators who are reported to have desecrated the Qur?an.

The warning came after 16 Afghans were killed and more than 100 hurt last week in the worst anti-US protests across the country since US forces invaded in 2001 to oust the Taleban for sheltering Osama Bin Laden and his Al-Qaeda network.

The clerics in the northeastern province of Badakhshan said they wanted US President George W. Bush to handle the matter honestly ?and hand the culprits over to an Islamic country for punishment?.

OK, the Newsweek has already been shown to be factless, and nevertheless the clerics want "military interrogators" to be "handed over" for "punishment". Did any of y'all notice the lack of a trial date?

Not that I want to cut Newsweek any slack the endangering my son, but Newsweek isn?t the problem. The problem is that people will kill over a book being desecrated. Actually, over a anonymous report buried within a third rate weekly magazine. There is something wrong when people value a book, of which there are millions, over human lives. This is the real problem, and Newsweek isn?t the source of it. The problem is an ignorant and violent subculture within the islamic world, and the general lack of tolerance about religion therein. Damn it, I ONCE AGAIN challenge anyone here to find anything in the Quran that speaks of grace, love, and acceptance. The Quran beautifies war and death.

But let's get back to News Weak.

A journalist has responsibilities to the truth and to the public interest. He or she must make every possible endeavour to ensure that his/her stories are true. The more serious the consequences of publishing the story the greater the obligation to ensure that the evidence is solid. Even then, if the likely consequences of publishing the story are far more grave than the matters it describes the public interest would be best served by not publishing at all. That doesn?t mean ignoring a potential abuse, because whatever evidence the journalist has can be brought to the attention of the proper authorities and the threat of publication used to ensure that they take it seriously.

But to publish such incendiary material without proper evidence is to shout ?fire? in a crowded theatre on the basis of gossip. If NewsWeek?s staff didn?t realise what they were doing then they are incompetent. If they did, they are devoid of ethics. This is more serious than RatherGate or Eason Jordan?s notorious comments, because it?s already got people killed.

Why is it that all the stories you read in Time-Newsweek-The New York Times-The Washington Post-Etc. or see on CNN-The BBC-CBS-NBC-Etc., why is it that all their stories about Iraq, Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo Bay, Donald Rumsfeld, George W. Bush, etc., why is it that the presumption, the prejudice, the predisposition never goes the other way? Why is it that their reporters always assume the worst: that we?re doing dirty at Guantanamo Bay, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc., and are primed to pick up and believe any rumor damaging to the United States? So why do these journalists, trained to sift evidence, to probe sources, to listen beyond the static of rumor: why do they only do so in one direction, so to speak? Yes, I know that?s a self-answering question, at least in part, but it is worth pondering nonetheless.

It's called the Liberal Bias entrenched in the major media in the U.S.

- Drop a crucifix in a glass of urine, and its art (yes, this was an art exhibit recently).
- Complain about it, and the left tells you that you are a phillistine.

- Drop a Koran in a urinal, its desecration and cause for bloodshed.
- Point out that many Muslims are overreacting, and the left tells you that you are a culturally insensitive bigot.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt