Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Band: Paisley Close, anyone know them???
ArizonaAmy9 
  Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

Welp...I thought I should check out the other groups...this one I've never heard of...so am looking at their website just now...but wondered...does anyone know them? Ever seen them? Let me know if you have and what you think....thanks!!

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 20-Oct-2005, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Humm...it would seem either none of us have heard of this band or - they are not well liked maybe. I wonder how the Mesa board found them...I've been to their website..they are pretty new. I guess that CelticRose and I will be the first ones to hear them live and we'll have to report in about them....Crossing my fingers that it will be a pleasant surprise!!
Rindy 
Posted: 20-Oct-2005, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Amy.. I found this you might check it out.. Sounds like they would be good.

http://www.paisleyclose.com/

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 20-Oct-2005, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

I found that site also. I found it interesting that they listed a quote from Rock and Reel magazine, but as far as I could tell they quit publishing in 2002.

I hope that information is wrong but that is the best that I could come up with.

Someone set me straight please biggrin.gif

Mikel

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
bschreiber 
Posted: 24-Oct-2005, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

male

Hey everyone, Bernard here of Paisley Close. I did a random search on our band name just for giggles and the other naughty word I won't mention and found this. Just to clarify a few things about our band...

" Humm...it would seem either none of us have heard of this band or - they are not well liked maybe. "

Gosh, I hope we're well-liked sad.gif It's very possible none of you have heard of us. We played our first gig as a unit in March of 2004 at McGonigel's here in Houston on St. Pat's day. From now till then we have focused on building our set list, preparing music for and recording our first cd, and building our following through gigs. This has all been a lengthy process but we are starting to get some more regular bookings and more recognition.

"Crossing my fingers that it will be a pleasant surprise!!"

We are crossing our fingers as well for your pleasant experience.

" I found that site also. I found it interesting that they listed a quote from Rock and Reel magazine, but as far as I could tell they quit publishing in 2002."

A little explanation here. Cidnie Macnamee and Amy Price used to be in a band together called Gordian Knot which disbanded around 2000. They were the principal writers in that group and are part of the nucleus of this band. They recruited me and we three worked up the new material on our All On A Day cd (which is available from CD Baby at www.cdbaby.com/cd/paisley, sorry for the shameless plug...). We incorporate some of the songs from the old Gordian Knot days along with a generous helping of new material. The new material takes the inspiration from the earlier recordings and takes them to another level.

Again, if you go to http://www.cdbaby.com/paisley you can hear samples from all the songs on our current cd.

If anyone has any other questions about/for the band just email us at [email protected] and we'll answer as best we can. Hope to see you all out at a show soon somewhere on this planet.

Peace,
Bernard
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
  Posted: 24-Oct-2005, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

biggrin.gif Hello Bernard...How WONDERFUL that you managed to find us here at Celticradio.net!! I've been trying to find out a bit more about your band Paisley Close since you all will be coming to Arizona to perform at our Highland Games in Mesa....I was a bit surprised that no one here had any information about you...this is a great place to find new, independent artists...and the folks here have a wealth of knowledge! You might even consider talking with macfive about sending in a cd and getting some play time here...I will be heading over to cdbaby now and listening to your clips...I'd love to be one of your first fans in Arizona!! So...welcome to CR again and if I have anymore questions...you can bet I'll be sending them to you...thanks for stopping in...and hope to learn more about you - from you!! See you in February!!
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 24-Oct-2005, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

...oh and I forgot...I'd noticed from your website that there was an Amy in the band...so...I'm sure I'll like you...based on name bias alone!!! wink.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 24-Oct-2005, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to the forum Bernard! I am so glad you found us.. Your ears must of been burning huh? I hope you enjoy the music as well as the forum. I think you will find the people here very warm and friendly.. I look forward to your posting.

I think your in the right place to put the word out wink.gif

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
bschreiber 
Posted: 24-Oct-2005, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

male

Awesome...glad to hear from you guys. And, yes, my size 15 ears were burning Rindy. biggrin.gif. We are so looking forward to playing out there. Amy, I think you pretty much have a lock as our first fan in AZ! wink.gif

Also, you Amys (Amy's...Amies???) must most definitely unite!! Thanks for the warm welcome and look forward to seeing you (where AZ I'm sure will give us a HOT welcome...nyuk nyuk nyuk) in Feb.

I'll most definitely look into sending a cd in. In my own humblest of opinions, once you all hear it you'll be hooked! I know I was.. biggrin.gif

Peace,
Bernard
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 01-Nov-2005, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Funny what happens when the word gets out...I've received a really nice email from Amy in the band Paisley Close as well as from their booking agent - "Da Bookie" as she is known...who has offered to send me a copy of their cd!! I took her up on her offer as it will be fun to know the music on their cd before they come to our Mesa Highland Games!

I took the advise of Bernard as well and went to cdbaby to have a listen. I hope many of you did too! I liked what I heard and suggested they contact macfive and send him a cd....

Look at the reaches of CelticRadio.net....I was looking for info on a band and low and behold...I get the information first hand FROM the band! Now that is a great reflection on (I beg leave to borrow the phrase from Madah..and I know I spelled that wrong!) "The House That Mac Built!!"

Hope we'll hear some Paisley Close here soon on CR!! tongue.gif
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 14-Nov-2005, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif Hey!! I am happy to say that I just sat down to listen to my brand - new - cd recieved today from Paisley Close All On A Day sent to me by their booking agent Hopie. As soon as I am done loading the dishwasher and starting dinner, I'll report back in on the cd. I am pretty excited to have this in my hot little hands and I hope they will be sending in a cd to macfive!! Thanks Hopie!!
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 16-Nov-2005, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Ok...have listened several times now...and if you like fiddling...or mandolin...you'll like this cd (which I do)!! I really like the Fair Maid On The Shore and The Passionate Shepherd....so...if you'd like to hear these too...head on over to CDbaby.com
Celtic cat 
Posted: 11-Feb-2006, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

Hey Paisely CLose is supposed to be at the Celtic Festival in Tallahassee Fl today and I' going...weee. It is awesome that someone from the forum will be there. Hope to see them. Can't wait to check you guys out. smile.gif

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
It’s not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 15-Feb-2006, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Hey Celtic Cat...make sure to report in...I'd like to hear how they were live...plus just to hear how the Celtic Festival went!!

I"ll be seeing them the weekend of the 25th so I'll report back too! biggrin.gif
Celtic cat 
Posted: 15-Feb-2006, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

The festival was canceled because of rain but the bands got to perform at the local pub and they were great. There were bands playing inside and outside of the pub so I was jumping back and forth. Paisley Close was there. Thanks guys for hangin in through the rain. Wicked Tinkers too I think. Several good pipes and drums bands too. Because of the rain and all the festival is supposed to be rescheduled and our tickets are supposed to still be valid...so I'm hoping everyone comes back.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]