Taliesin's Journal

Taliesin -> Journal-> The story gets more interesting...and sad.

My Journal Entry

Add Entry   

The story gets more interesting...and sad.
Posted by Taliesin on Jul 24th, 2013 11:18 AM
So my buddy was insistent on pursuing this relationship, and I realized I needed to forgive him. I can't ditch my friend over this, and of what benefit would I be if I just tried to forget the friendship. Eventually, his girlfriend started coming to our Bible study. I ended up becoming ordained and marrying them, which is an interesting question of morality, but I'm not bothering to delve into it; probably never will.

Because just over a year ago, my best friend was killed in a motorcycle accident. His wife was 3 months pregnant or so with their first (and now only) child. Events like this have an interesting way of causing us to re-evaluate what is important and what is not. After my friend's death, I spent some time wondering what was important, if anything. I came to the conclusion that fulfilling the role that God sets for us and lays out in the Word of God is what matters. To become the best husband and leader I can be. To become the best father I can be. To use my gifts for the furtherance of the kingdom. To serve my God however I can. As a result, I began training to become a leading elder in my church. I dedicated myself to reading the word every day, and I have kept to it. I am still saddened by the loss of my friend, but I have the knowledge that the Lord works all things together for good to them that love God and who are the called according to His purpose. I know that He is sovereign and there are no mistakes. And I know that God is good. I can see how God has used my buddy's death for good in a lot of lives. His widow and child attend church almost every week, where my buddy and his wife were doing well if they came once a month...usually much less. I can see where my life has been changed for the better since his death in that I have a better handle on priorities. I can see where my other friends' lives have been changed for the better in the same way. God is good. Thanks for reading.

Please post your comments below.

Add Entry   

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!