Taliesin's Journal

Taliesin -> Journal-> Friday...the last half hour...will it end?

My Journal Entry

Add Entry   

Friday...the last half hour...will it end?
Posted by sir_tal on Oct 8th, 2004 6:39 PM
Well, I have a journal. Let's hear it for personal discoveries!

Melancholy. That is a word that describes my mood right now. Why is that, one might ask? Well, you see, I don't know. Hope that helps. It could be the fact that I don't want to be where I am right now, which is work. Not that my weekend promises to be action-packed or anything. Just that I don't want to be here anymore. And I am inflicting upon myself the most exquisite torture known to mankind. I am listening to Celtic Radio. Na, na, na...I love Celtic Radio, but you must understand, for me it is torture.

You see, I have never been to the land of my ancestors. (That would be Scotland.) But I miss it like I would miss breathing if I stopped. I don't understand this homesickness for a land which I have never visited, let alone lived in. I have heard it said that you can take a Scot out of Scotland, but you can never take Scotland out of a Scot. I think this is the case.

So every note of a reel, every ornamentation tugs at my heart. Just reading the description of a Scottish Farmhouse brought tears to my eyes. I don't understand it, but I need to visit there soon or I fear I will go to pieces. So as I listen to bagpipes and whistle and the bodhran, I sit here dreaming that I am inhaling the heady aroma of peat-smoke and heather. Feeling the mist of Scotland touch my face. Listening to the wonderful lilts of the accented speech of the Scot. Upending a glass of ale into my mouth while having conversations with the locals. This is the stuff of dreams.

Well, reality settles in my heart like a stone. Namely, the fact that all of that took about 8 minutes to write and I still have work to do. Goodbye for now!

-Chris

Please post your comments below.

Add Entry   

Thank you...
Posted by sir_tal on Oct 9th, 2004 10:36 AM
My wife and I WILL be visiting Scotland. That is a sure thing. The question, then, is when. Well, we are not sure of that, but it will be within the next 2 years. smile.gif So there is that to look forward to!

-Chris

Dreams
Posted by Aaediwen on Oct 9th, 2004 5:11 AM
We all have dreams. Hold onto that dream, plot it, form it. Find the hurdles in your way. Find what lies between you and Scotia. Then jump the hurdles and make your dream a reality.

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!