cori's Journal

cori -> Journal-> A Daughters Prayer for her Parents

My Journal Entry

Add Entry   

A Daughters Prayer for her Parents
Posted by cori on Nov 13th, 2004 9:25 AM
Father, let my dad be a man like David, "...the Lord hath sought him a man after his oen heart..."(1 Samuel 13:14)
Let my mother be more concerned with the hidden man of the heart than with outward beauty, for "it is the ornament of a meek...spirit which is in the sight of God of great price." (1 Peter 3:4)
God, let their friends be godly people who seek to build them up, not tear them down. (Proverbs 13:20)
I pray that they would hunger after righteousness and thirst after you (Matthew 5:6; Psalm 42:1), that they would love Your Word and seek to memorize and meditate on it (Psalm 19:97).
Give them the grace to have their thoughts stayed on Christ (Isaiah 26:3) and help them to bring every thought to the captivity of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5).
Make my dad into a man of faith and my mother into a woman of faith (Titus 2:2-3).
God, please preserve them. Let them put their trust in You (Psalm 16:1) and keep them from evil (John 17:23).
I pray they would ask You for wisdom when they don't know which way to turn (James 1:5); that they would live their lives, sacrificing to God a broken and contrite heart (Psalm 51:17); that they would understand and fulfill the need of dying to self like the corn and wheat (John 12:24); that they would not allow a root of bitterness to spring up in their lives, that they would forgive others who hurt them or me and follow in peace with all men (Hebrews 4:14-15); that they would desire nothing in heaven or on earth more than they desire God (Psalm 73:25); that they would have servants' hearts and seek ways to serve others (Matthew 25:23); that they would have a burden for the lost and seek to help them find a Saviour in Christ (Matthew 28:19-20).
Lord, please provide for their needs in such a way that their faith and love for You would be increased (Philippians 4:19).
Use my parents to keep me from evil (2 Thessalonians 3:3). Help Dad to turn his heart to me, and I to turn my heart to him (Malachi 6:4-6). Work through them for my future spouse (Genesis 24:14).
I pray they would have very sensitive consciences and that sin in their lives and in the lives of others would cause them much pain (John 8:9).
Amen.

"That our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace." Psalm 144:12b

Please post your comments below.

Add Entry   

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!