Group:
Super Moderator

Zodiac:
Holly

Birthday: 23-Jul-1980
Total Posts: 3069
Realm: Kentucky

Computers<br>Music<br>Celtic Folklore<br>the written word

Use one of the links below to send me a personal message!

Date: 13-Apr-2024
By: CelticRadio
Forum: Forum Guides

Date: 09-Apr-2024

Date: 08-Apr-2024

Date: 18-Mar-2024
By: Shadows
Forum: Celtic Radio

Date: 16-Mar-2024
Forum: Celtic Music

Date: 14-Mar-2024
Forum: Celtic Radio

Date: 14-Mar-2024
Forum: Celtic Music

Listen to the best in Celtic Music @ 128kps on Highlander Radio!
Listen to soft streaming Celtic music from Highlander Radio!
A rowdy mix of hard rocking Celtic music from the Pubs of America, Canada, Ireland and Scotland.
Listen to Celtic Dance - Put on your Ghillies and clear the floor, it is now time for Jigs & Feels!

Journal Entries
Pages: (10) « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... Last »

Add Entry   

note
Posted by Aaediwen on Jan 16th, 2005 2:34 PM
Artist: Lydia McCauley
Album: The Beauty of the Earth

added to to-buy list

good song:
Artist: Empty Flask
Song: Home for a Rest
Album: Got Air?

Title Where the Foggy Dew Lies
Artist Fodderty Parish
Album Where Did Ye Go?

Comments: 0 View/Add Comments

Movies
Posted by Aaediwen on Jan 1st, 2005 9:29 PM
Where is that movies seen recently thread when you need it. Ohh well. Can't say a whole lot really yells wonders for me, except I liked <I>I, Robot</I>. The tunnel scene was great. Anyone know of a special name for the type of ceiling fan Spooner had in his apartment though? I must avoid them. only other time I've seen a fan like that was in very old childhood nightmares.

Although the feature itself wasn't stellar for Shrek 2, (Although Puss rocks). I will say that Eddie Murphy's character probably wouldn't like the soundtrack too much when done by original artists. It'd kick him too much. Going to have to find that.

TDAT: Non stop adrennaline through it. I've heard people say they didn't like it, but I like at least the feel of it.

Van Helsing: Definately different. got some really gross scenes in it. Interesting mix between Frankenstein and Dracula

To-buy list purging
Posted by Aaediwen on Dec 26th, 2004 8:25 PM
I've been holding off for a while on buying CDs where I'm trying to save for my trip in April, but just decided to go ahead and purge my to-buy list now that I've gotten that trip almost completely paid for. Still holding off a bit on a NVidia 6800 though. Need to make sure my budget is ready, but even moreimportant is to make sure my computer can handle it. Not sure my PSU could take it on top of what I already ask of it. And I'd hate to blow a PSU and fry everything in the box.

Morrison's Jig
Posted by Aaediwen on Dec 26th, 2004 2:37 PM
Here I go... Second tune I try to learn, and first real jig I try....
Looks like learning it will be one thing, and being able to play it quite another.

Pirates!
Posted by Aaediwen on Dec 9th, 2004 6:02 PM
Ahoy!

Anyone remember the old MicroProse game, Pirates, released in 1987 for C64? One of Sid Meier's first. I was playing it in an Emulator and started thinking 'Ya know, this is a really cool game and I've neverheard of anything else with the theme... Wonder if anyone has taken this idea and updated it for modern hardware?' So I went to the all-knowing Google to find out. I found nothing at first. Found a couple more with the same theme, but they were a lot more limited than Pirates!, despite the updated graphics.

Then I found this. Atari working on exactly what I was looking for. This began an anxious wait (as well as my only visits to places like IGN and GameSpy) to watch this game like a hawk. The wait is over, and it was well worth it!

If you've noticed me being absent from the site, this is why. Been up until Midnight three days this week playing Pirates! 2004. It's everything I was hoping for smile.gif And I still don't know of another game anything like it. I'm also finding out I'm not better at cyber dancing than I am in life. However, I've put all but one of my nine cometitors to port, perminantly, rescued my sister, found three of my competitors' hidden stashes, captured three Spanish towns, got two governors' daughters acting as leisons for me (despite my bad dancing), I'm an English Marquis, French and Dutch Admiral, and the Spanish have a hefty price on my head (Which they'll never collect at the rate they're going). My fleet size is fluxuating, but I wouldn't trade my flagship for any other sailing the seas. A nimble sloop, Dia na Farrige has never failed me.

Now if you'll excuse me, time to reboot and play Pirates! 2004

Comments: 1 View/Add Comments

Clickable Smilies
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 

Please Add your Entry

Title:

My Signature:

Poet and seeker of knowledge

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!